Hello guys,
First let me start by thanking Todd White for building and maintaining such a great forum, where guys like myself, can seek advice from the many Altec gurus, and enthusiasts out there. To you guys, thanks! Your answers, while not always completely understood, are always appreciated!
Here's my question....
I am restoring a pair of A-6 cabinets loaded with model 3156 woofers. I will be using the factory N8500-8A networks, which are 8 ohm networks. I will be mating these with Altec 32B 90 degree bent horns, with 802-8g high frequency drivers with aluminum diaphragms.
Each cabinet has 2 woofers each rated at 8 ohms. I was told the woofers should be wired in series. Wiring 2 8 ohm woofers in series creates a 16 ohm load. So, am I to understand, that there is some impedance matching going on in the low frequency section of this network? Please explain.
Also, I still need one more pair of Altec model 3156 woofers, so if any of you guys have a pair for sale, please let me know. Woofers must be in good cosmetic, and sonic condition.